Columbus General Hospital
In 1915, there were plans to build a hospital on the corner of Indianola and Olentangy Avenue adjacent to Glen Echo Park. The hospital would cost a quarter of a million dollars and would include several buildings: surgical, medical, maternity, contagious, laboratory, power plant, and nurses’ home. It was to be called Columbus General Hospital and was an outgrowth of Lawrence Hospitals. The goal was to take care of the needs of the rapidly growing north side.
Tags: North Columbus